The broadcaster, author and MBE is also a regular contributor to Weekend.
Alan Titchmarsh’s chicken, mango & avocado salad
500ml organic chicken stock (made from a cube)
2 Waitrose Duchy Organic Free Range British Chicken Breast Fillets
1 Waitrose 1 Perfectly Ripe Mango
2 x 110g packs Waitrose Duchy Organic Baby Leaf & Rocket Salad
2 tbsp Waitrose Duchy Organic Pine Kernels, toasted
FOR THE DRESSING
2 tbsp Waitrose Duchy Organic Orange Juice
2 tbsp juice of Waitrose Duchy Organic Lemon
1 tbsp Waitrose Duchy Organic Wholegrain Mustard With Honey
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Bring the chicken stock to the boil in a medium saucepan. Add the chicken, return to the boil, then gently simmer for 6-7 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat, cover and leave to rest for 20 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked, the juices run clear and there is no more pink meat. Drain and slice.
3. Meanwhile, mix the dressing ingredients together then season.
4. Peel and remove the stones from the mango and avocados, then slice. Arrange them with the salad leaves and chicken on plates. Drizzle over the dressing and top with the pine nuts before serving.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings