This is gorgeous warm or cold.
Almond Peach Pudding
- 4 tbsp Amaretto
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1kg ripe peaches
- 115g butter, softened
- 115g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp double cream
- A few drops of almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5. Liberally butter a 22cm square baking dish, about 5 cm deep. A lasagne dish is ideal.
- Mix 3 tbsp Amaretto and the sugar in a large bowl. Peel and stone the peaches and cut into thick slices. As you do so, mix them into the sugary mixture. Then transfer the peaches to the buttered baking dish.
- Beat together the butter and icing sugar until pale and fluffy, then beat in the almonds, eggs, cream, remaining Amaretto and a few drops of almond extract. Pour over the peaches and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the almond mixture is firm and golden. Remove from the oven and dust with extra icing sugar.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes to 40 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Average user rating Based on 5 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sat Sep 01 01:00:00 BST 2001.