Bircher muesli is traditionally a dish of oats and grated apple soaked in juice and yogurt overnight. This delicious recipe, rich in vitamin C and giving you 1 of your 5-a-day, uses a homemade compote layered with muesli for the perfect portable breakfast.
Autumn berry bircher muesli
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes + overnight chilling
- Total time: 25 minutes + overnight chilling
175g essential Waitrose Frozen Berries
1 pear, peeled, cored and diced
150ml cranberry juice drink
180g Dorset Cereals Raspberry & Blackcurrant Bircher Muesli Mix
250g Greek style natural yogurt
1. Place the berries, pear and juice in a small pan. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave to cool completely.
2. Spoon half the fruit compote into the base of four jars or large glasses. Scatter over half the muesli mix then spoon over the yogurt.
3. Scatter over the rest of the muesli mix followed by the remaining fruit compote. Seal the jars or cover the glasses with clingfilm. Chill overnight. Stir and serve.