A warming one-pot supper, with pork steaks, English pears and sweet autumnal root vegetables in a maple syrup glaze.
Autumn Pork Roast with Pears and Parsnips
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes to 35 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes to 55 minutes
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and quartered
- ½ medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 3 under-ripe English pears, peeled, quartered and cored
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pack Waitrose British Pork 4 Prime Loin Steaks (about 660g)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Put the vegetables, pears, garlic, thyme and pork steaks in a large shallow roasting tin. Drizzle with the maple syrup and oil, season, then turn with a large spoon or your hands, remembering to wash them thoroughly after handling the raw meat.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning the mixture once. Increase the heat to 220°C, gas mark 7 and roast for 5-10 minutes more until the pork is cooked through with the fat starting to crisp, and the vegetables are beginning to caramelise.
- Serve the pork garnished with fresh thyme and lightly steamed green vegetables.