1 tbsp oil
500g bag frozen essential Waitrose Butternut Squash
1 essential Waitrose Onion
300g arborio rice
800ml hot vegetable stock
200g frozen essential Waitrose Broad Beans
50g walnut pieces
Autumn veg risotto
1 tbsp oil
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan, add 500g bag frozen essential Waitrose Butternut Squash and 1 essential Waitrose Onion, chopped, and fry for 4-5 minutes, cutting any larger pieces of squash in half if required. Stir in 300g arborio rice and cook for 1 minute.
2. Gradually add 800ml hot vegetable stock a ladle at a time, allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next one.
3. This should take 15 minutes. Stir in 200g frozen essential Waitrose Broad Beans and 50g walnut pieces and simmer for 5 minutes until the rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
4. Season to taste. Serve with 50g grated Parmesan or vegetarian Cheddar, if you like.
- Total time: Ready in 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
without cheese to serve
Average user rating Based on 10 ratings
This recipe was first published in Mon Oct 10 15:23:00 BST 2011.