Easy to prepare ahead and keep warm, these will go down a treat around a roaring fire
Bacon & sweetcorn muffins
6 rashers Waitrose Thin Cut, Hickory Smoked
100g canned or frozen sweetcorn, defrosted
2 salad onions, chopped
1 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg
4 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
70g Stork With Butter, melted
150g self-raising flour
1 tsp English mustard powder
100g essential Waitrose English Mature Cheddar, coarsely grated
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Line a muffin tin with 10 paper cases. Place the bacon on a baking tray and roast for 7–10 minutes, until crisp and golden. Roughly chop.
2. Meanwhile, place the sweetcorn in a food processor with the salad onions and whizz until finely chopped, then add the egg, milk and melted Stork, and blitz again.
3. Add the flour and mustard powder to the processor with the bacon and cheese, and pulse to form a thick batter. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 15–20 minutes until well risen and golden, and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Save time by using a 55g pack Waitrose British Cooked Bacon.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes to 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes to 35 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 27 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Sep 29 10:51:00 BST 2016.