This dish is quick and easy but full of flavour. Use chopped sun-dried tomatoes or cooked fresh or frozen peas or broad beans instead of the artichokes, if you prefer.
Bacon and Artichoke Pasta
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 184g pack Duchy Originals Organic Traditional Dry Cured Unsmoked Streaky Bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 280g jar Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients Grilled Artichokes, drained and oil reserved
- ½ x 20g pack fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, to serve (optional)
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, roughly chop the bacon, heat 2 tablespoons of the reserved artichoke oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon for 3-4 minutes, until crisp. Add the garlic then remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta, return to the pan and stir in the bacon, artichokes and parsley. Season. Serve sprinkled with the Parmigiano Reggiano, if using.
Use Waitrose Marinated & Grilled Artichoke Hearts (from the prepacked deli section) as an alternative to the Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients artichokes.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 23 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sun May 01 01:00:00 BST 2005.