Knob of butter
2 echalion shallots, peeled and diced
250g arborio rice
750ml chicken or fish stock
½ x 25g pack fresh chives, finely chopped
20g pack fresh dill, leaves picked and roughly chopped
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
850g pack Waitrose Scottish Salmon Fillet
Baked salmon with risotto
Knob of butter
1 . Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan over a medium to high heat. When melted and bubbling add the shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes, until lightly softened, but not coloured.
2 . Pour in the rice and fry with the shallots, stirring almost constantly for 1 minute. Pour in about 1/5 of the stock and gently stir as it comes to the boil. Continue to stir and add stock in small amounts until all the stock has been used up and the rice grains are cooked yet still retain a slight bite – roughly 25 minutes.
3. Take the risotto off the heat and stir in the mascarpone, chopped chives, half the chopped dill and the lemon juice. Tip the risotto out on to a tray and leave it to cool to at least room temperature.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. When the risotto is cool, lay the salmon – skin side down – on to a flat baking tray lined with baking parchment. Season the fish and spread the risotto over the salmon, spreading it and building it up as neatly as you can. Try to be consistent with the thickness of the rice.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Let the salmon sit for 5 minutes before dressing with the remaining chopped dill and the lemon zest and serve.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes + cooling
- Cooking time: 1 hours
- Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes + cooling
Serves: 4 - 6
Typical values per serving:
Per serving for 6
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Thu Mar 17 09:51:00 GMT 2016.