Tender chicken thigh fillets give plenty of flavour to this easy supper dish. Serve with a simple green salad and rice or warm crusty bread.
Baked chicken with chorizo and tomatoes
3 tbsp olive oil
2 red onions, thinly sliced
½ chorizo ring, skin removed and thickly sliced
½ tsp paprika
500g pack Waitrose Fresh British Chicken Thigh Fillets
1 pack fresh rosemary
440g pack Waitrose Vine Tomatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions and fry for about 3 minutes until softened. Add the chorizo and paprika and fry for a further 2 minutes. Transfer to a large, shallow, ovenproof dish.
2. Add the chicken to the pan and fry gently for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally, until it begins to brown. Transfer to the dish, tucking the chicken and the rosemary sprigs under the onions and chorizo. Season lightly and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
3. Lightly score the skin of the tomatoes using a sharp knife. If they are large, cut them into quarters. Tuck the tomatoes around the chicken pieces and bake for a further 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat. The tomatoes should be soft but not falling apart. Remove the rosemary and serve.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 166 ratings
This recipe was first published in Fri Feb 01 00:00:00 GMT 2002.