Rather than boiling quinoa, try baking it instead. This all-in-one dish is simple to make and comforting on cold winter nights.
Baked Quinoa With Chicken, Apricots And Orange
- 150g Waitrose Wholesome Organic Quinoa
- 150g Waitrose Wholesome Soft Apricots
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 pack Free Range Chicken Mini Fillets (about 425g)
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 50g pistachios, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the quinoa in a rectangular 20cm x 26cm baking dish. Stir in the apricots and the stock, and place the chicken fillets on top in a single layer. Drizzle with the orange juice and zest.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring once during cooking. Remove the foil and return the dish to the oven for a further 15 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes. The quinoa should be swollen and the liquid absorbed.
- Sprinkle with the pistachios and serve with orange wedges and seasonal vegetables.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 14 ratings
This recipe was first published in Mon Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 2007.