150g plain flour
¾ tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp Waitrose Golden Caster Sugar
75g Stork Margarine
4 firm bananas, halved
8 lolly sticks
1 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4, and grease a large baking tray.
2. Place the flour, ¼ tsp cinnamon and the sugar into a food processor. Add the Stork and blitz to form breadcrumbs. Gradually add 2-3 tbsp water to form a soft dough. Cover the dough in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Roll out the dough to about a 43 x 12cm rectangle and cut into 12 long strips. Dust the bananas in the remaining cinnamon and insert a lolly stick into each. Using 1½ strips of pastry for each banana, wrap the strips randomly round, overlapping them slightly to look like bandages.
4. Brush the mummies with beaten egg and place on the baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes + chilling
- Cooking time: 20 minutes to 25 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes + chilling
Typical values per serving:
low in saturated fat
Average user rating Based on 5 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Oct 27 15:27:00 GMT 2015.