2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
350g Cooks’ Ingredients carnaroli rice
1 tsp fennel seeds
2 Kallo organic vegetable stock cubes
2 x 250g Waitrose organic cooked beetroot
155g Waitrose ready shelled garden peas
50g essential Waitrose lighter soft cheese
15g fresh chives Waitrose
1. Chop the onion and garlic and cook in a large pan with the olive oil for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the rice and fennel seeds and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Dissolve the stock cubes in 1.5 litres boiling water and add three-quarters to the pan, stirring regularly until it is absorbed.
3. Dice the beetroot and stir into the pan with the rest of the warm stock and the peas. Continue to cook for a further 5 minutes until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
4. Divide among bowls and top each serving with a spoonful of soft cheese, a sprinkling of chives and freshly ground black pepper.
- Total time: Ready in 25-30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 7 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Jul 27 07:57:41 BST 2011.