Black pudding kedgeree with poached eggs
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
225g basmati rice
185g Bury Black Pudding
2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
1 large onion, chopped
4 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tsp chopped thyme
¼ tsp ground turmeric
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
1. Cook the rice in plenty of boiling, lightly salted water for 10 minutes or until just tender, then drain.
2. Peel away the skin from the black pudding and cut into thin slices. Melt half the butter in a large frying pan and gently fry the celery and onion for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the parsley, thyme, turmeric, garlic and black pudding and cook for 2 minutes. The black pudding will break up a little as you turn it. Tip in the rice and heat through.
3. Bring a separate saucepan of water to the boil. Turn off the heat and gently crack in the eggs, one at a time. Cover with a lid and
leave for 3-4 minutes until the eggs have poached.
4. Dot the remaining butter into the rice and stir to melt. Transfer to warmed serving plates and place a poached egg on top of each serving.