Bloody Mary bruschetta
- Preparation time: 20 minutes + marinating
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes + marinating
4 tbsp vodka
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp Tabasco
1 tsp celery salt, plus extra to serve
½ tsp caster sugar
700g tomatoes, coarsely chopped, seeds removed
1 stick celery, finely diced
1 shallot, finely chopped
½ ciabatta loaf, cut into 12 thin slices
Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1. Combine the vodka, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, celery salt, sugar and some freshly ground black pepper in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, celery and shallot to the bowl and mix to combine. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, preheat a griddle over a high heat. Lightly drizzle the bread on both sides with oil. Cook for 1–2 minutes each side until toasted.
3. Divide the tomato mixture among 4 tall glasses. Serve sprinkled with celery salt and black pepper, ready to spoon onto the toast.