Frozen blueberries are great for last-minute desserts and breakfast smoothies. This quick and easy fool can be made in advance.
Blueberry Fool Rippled with Crème Fraîche
- 300g pack frozen Waitrose Blueberries
- 50g caster sugar
- 200ml pot half fat crème fraîche
- 142ml pot double cream
- 1-2 tsp icing sugar (or to taste)
- Reserve a few blueberries for decoration and place the remainder in a small pan with the caster sugar and 1 tablespoon of cold water.
- Heat gently for 4-5 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved and the juice begins to run from the blueberries. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes, or until the blueberries are soft. Crush with a fork to make a compote and set aside to cool.
- Whip the crème fraîche and double cream together with an electric or balloon whisk for 2-3 minutes until soft peaks have formed.
- Stir in the icing sugar and three quarters of the blueberry purée. Lightly fold in the remaining compote to give a rippled effect. Divide between 4 individual glasses, top with the remaining blueberries and chill until ready to serve. Team with Jules Destrooper Almond Thins.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus chilling time
- Total time: 15 minutes, plus chilling time
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 17 ratings
This recipe was first published in March 2007.