Brioche bread pudding
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes to 30 minutes
- Total time: 35 to 40 minutes
Serves: 8 to 10
85g butter, plus extra for greasing
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
20 slices brioche, torn into small pieces
2 tbsp fresh sage, leaves chopped
1 tbsp fresh parsley, leaves chopped
2 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs, beaten
140ml chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the onion and garlic and fry gently, but do not allow to brown. Add the brioche, and cook until it starts to brown, then tip into a heatproof bowl.
2. Season the mixture with salt and pepper, then mix in the chopped herbs, beaten eggs and stock.
3. Butter a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish, pour in the mixture and bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and crisp and golden brown on top.
4. Serve with with the roast turkey a good helping of
compote on the side.