A quick-to-make pudding with layers of flavour, this uses the best of fine British ingredients. It makes the perfect dessert to serve at a traditional British celebration.
British berry trifle
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: No cooking required
300g pack Waitrose Frozen British Raspberries
300g pack Waitrose Frozen British Blackberries
2 tbsp icing sugar
100ml Waitrose Berry Red Smoothie
1 Waitrose Madeira Loaf Cake, cut into 16 pieces
100ml Waitrose Cream Sherry
250g tub essential Waitrose Creamy Soft Cheese
½ x 500g essential Waitrose Fresh Custard
300ml tub Waitrose Extra Thick Double Cream
2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
2 tsp Cooks’ Homebaking Freeze Dried Strawberries
1. Place the berries in a bowl and gently stir in the icing sugar and berry smoothie. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, crumble half the Madeira cake into the base of a large glass serving bowl. Drizzle over half the sherry and set aside for
5 minutes, then spoon over half the berries and some of the liquid from the bowl. Crumble the remaining cake on top, sprinkle with the rest of the sherry, then spoon over the last of the berries and any juices.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the soft cheese until smooth then add the custard, whisking until well blended. Pour over the fruit. Cover with clingfilm and chill.
4. When ready to serve, spoon the extra thick double cream over the top of the custard layer. Scatter over the almonds and freeze dried strawberries, and serve.