Crisp green beans, sweet and earthy new potatoes, fresh and vibrant salad, mustardy cress — these are the flavours that make up a British summer, and they’re combined here to create a wonderful seasonal salad.
British summer salad with honey-mustard dressing
4 essential Waitrose Free Range Eggs
750g pack Waitrose Baby New Potatoes, halved
250g pack British Green Beans, trimmed
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tsp clear honey
2 tbsp The Waitrose Farm Leckford Estate Cold-pressed Rapeseed Oil
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
100g radishes, thinly sliced
Punnet essential Waitrose Salad Cress
1. Boil the eggs in a pan of simmering water for 9 minutes, then drain and cool. Shell and halve the eggs.
2. Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 8–10 minutes until tender. Add the beans and cook for a further 3 minutes until both are tender. Drain and cool under running water then transfer to a serving platter.
3. Whisk the vinegar, mustard and honey together with a fork, then whisk in the oil until well blended.
4. Arrange the tomatoes, radishes and eggs on top of the beans and potatoes. Drizzle over the mustard dressing and scatter with cress to serve.
Cook’s tipA few capers or anchovies scattered over the top before serving would add a nice salty balance to the sweet dressing.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Jul 28 10:04:00 BST 2016.