1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Combine all the chilli oil ingredients in a pan, and heat to 95°C. Remove from the heat and allow to steep for 20 minutes, then strain and leave at room temperature. Keep 1 tablespoon of the oil to one side and use the rest in another recipe.
2. Cook the pies according to pack instructions.
3. For the broccoli, thinly slice the garlic and the fresh red chilli. Cut each broccoli stem in half at an angle to give a greater surface area for quicker cooking.
4. Heat up a frying pan and add half of the chilli oil. Cook the broccoli, allowing it to char, until almost tender. Add the garlic and fresh chilli, and cook for a further 20-30 seconds.
5. Place the broccoli, garlic and chilli in a bowl, and toss with the remaining chilli oil, plus some sea salt, to taste. Serve immediately.