Save to your scrapbook
Caramel, hazelnut & chocolate brownies
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
These lovely brownies are perfect for a picnic, a packed lunch or as an indulgent dessert
200g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
225g butter, diced
3 medium essential Waitrose
Free Range Eggs
325g Waitrose Dark Brown
100g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa
50g hazelnuts, roughly chopped 50ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease and base line a 22cm square tin.
2. Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and allow to melt.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and 225g sugar until pale and fluffy. Stir in the chocolate mixture. Mix the flour, baking powder and cocoa together, and fold into the brownie mixture with the hazelnuts. Pour into the prepared tin.
4. Place the remaining 100g sugar in a small pan with 50ml water and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 minutes until golden, then stir in the cream and mix. Drizzle over the brownie mixture, then bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
5. Allow to cool before removing from the tin, then cut into squares.
Typical values per serving: