- 40g butter
- 2 finely sliced stalks lemon grass
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 scallops
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Steamed broccoli, to serve
Caramelised Scallops with Lemon Grass Butter
- For a decadent starter, melt 40g butter over a low heat in a small pan and add 2 finely sliced stalks lemon grass. Leave to infuse over a very gentle heat (you don't want the lemon grass to fry).
- Meanwhile, heat another frying pan until very hot, add 1 tsp olive oil and some seasoning. Add 6 scallops, smooth sides down. Cook for 2 minutes, pressing down so they caramelise evenly. Turn, and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice then serve with the lemon grass butter and steamed broccoli.
Average user rating Based on 10 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sat May 01 01:00:00 BST 2004.