- 40g butter
- 2 finely sliced stalks lemon grass
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 scallops
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Steamed broccoli, to serve
Caramelised Scallops with Lemon Grass Butter
- For a decadent starter, melt 40g butter over a low heat in a small pan and add 2 finely sliced stalks lemon grass. Leave to infuse over a very gentle heat (you don't want the lemon grass to fry).
- Meanwhile, heat another frying pan until very hot, add 1 tsp olive oil and some seasoning. Add 6 scallops, smooth sides down. Cook for 2 minutes, pressing down so they caramelise evenly. Turn, and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice then serve with the lemon grass butter and steamed broccoli.