A quick pasta dish that’s light on ingredients but big on flavour. With high-fibre nuts and fresh greens, it’s low in saturated fat and gives you 1 of your 5 a day.
Chargrilled asparagus pasta
300g Waitrose Love Life Wholewheat Fusilli
2 x 230g Waitrose Bundled Asparagus
2 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
50g walnuts, roughly chopped
Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
1 tbsp finely grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano
1. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for 9 minutes until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, cook the asparagus in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes until al dente then cool under running water. Drain and pat dry on kitchen paper then toss with half the oil.
3. Heat a large ridged griddle or heavy non-stick frying pan and cook the asparagus on a high heat for 2-3 minutes, in batches if necessary, turning once or twice until charred. Cut in half widthways.
4. Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Heat the remaining oil in a small saucepan and add the garlic and chilli. Cook for 1 minute until just golden then add the walnuts, orange zest and juice and bring to the boil. Add to the drained pasta with the asparagus, toss together and serve sprinkled with the grated cheese.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 14 ratings