Charred corn & ponzu salad
2 packs Waitrose Tendersweet Sweetcorn 2s
1 tsp toasted sesame oil, plus extra for rubbing
50ml soy sauce
40ml lemon juice
2 carrots, peeled
2 courgettes, trimmed
2 tsp sesame seeds
½ x 28g pack fresh coriander
1. Preheat the barbecue or griddle to high. Rub the corn with a little sesame oil then cook for 5–10 minutes, turning occasionally, until charred. Set aside until cool enough to handle then cut off the kernels with a sharp knife and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, to make the ponzu dressing, combine the soy sauce, mirin, lemon juice and 1 tsp sesame oil in a large bowl.
3. Slice the carrots and courgettes into ribbons with a vegetable peeler and add to the bowl with the ponzu dressing, corn kernels and sesame seeds. Toss to coat. Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes + cooling
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes + cooling
Typical values per serving:
2 of your 5 a day | low in fat
Average user rating Based on 1 rating