This moreish picnic bread is great served warm – children will love dunking it into fresh dips such as houmous or guacamole.
Cheesy Picnic Bread With Pepperoni And Tomatoes
- Preparation time: 10 mins, plus 45 mins proving
- Cooking time: 30 minutes to 35 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes, including proving
Makes: 12 portions
- 500g pack Wright’s Parmesan & Sun Dried Tomato Bread Mix
- 125g pack Garofalo Mozzarella di Bufala Campana, drained and roughly torn
- ½ x 140g pack Waitrose Pepperoni
- 100g baby plum tomatoes, halved and deseeded
- ½ x 25g pack fresh basil, roughly torn
- Preheat the oven to 220C, gas mark 7. Make up the bread mix following the pack instructions and knead until the dough is smooth. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a 30cm x 40cm oblong, then cut in half lengthways. Scatter the mozzarella pieces, pepperoni, tomatoes and basil over both halves. Working from the longest side, tightly roll up each piece of dough.
- Place the two rolls on a lightly greased baking tray and cover with cling film. Leave in a warm place for about 40 minutes until the dough has doubled in size.
- Remove the cling film and cook in the centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes until the bread is well risen, golden and the base sounds hollow when tapped. Allow to cool slightly on a cooling rack before slicing and serving warm. Enjoy with dips such as guacamole or houmous, plus Chantenay carrots and sticks of sweet pepper, celery and cucumber.