Chicken & bean quesadilla wedges
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
500g pack chicken breasts, thinly sliced
4 tsp Santa Maria Chipotle Paste
1 tbsp oil, plus a little for frying
1 onion, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
415g can Santa Maria Refried Beans
320g pack 8 Santa Maria Plain
75g Cheddar cheese, grated
170ml tub soured cream
1. Mix the chicken and chipotle paste together. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken and onion for 5 minutes. Add the pepper and fry for a further 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through with no pink meat.
2. Meanwhile, heat the refried beans in a small saucepan for 1-2 minutes, stirring. Spread 4 tortillas with the beans, scatter over the chicken mixture and then cheese and place the remaining tortillas on top.
3. Heat a small frying pan with a little oil and fry 1 quesadilla for 1-2 minutes until golden, place an upturned plate over the pan and flip over, replace back into the pan and cook for 1 minute. Keep warm in an oven while you make the remaining 3 quesadillas.
4. Cut each into 6 wedges and serve with the soured cream or some guacamole and tomato salsa.