1 tbsp oil
350g pack essential Waitrose British Chicken Mini Fillets
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
500g Waitrose 1 La Ratte Potatoes, thinly sliced
500g Waitrose Sweet Potatoes, thinly sliced
200g Waitrose Trimmed Leeks, sliced
3 bay leaves
200ml hot chicken stock
Chicken & root vegetable boulangère
1 tbsp oil
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC, gas mark 3. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Coat the chicken in Cajun seasoning and fry for 4-5 minutes to brown.
2. Grease a large casserole dish with a little butter. Spread half the potatoes in an even layer over the base, top with half the sweet potatoes, then half the leeks. Season and add the bay leaves. Add the chicken. Cover with the remaining sweet potato, leeks and finally potatoes.
3. Pour over the stock, season and dot over the remaining butter. Bake for 1¼ hours until golden and tender throughout. Cover with foil towards the end if it’s looking too brown. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: i hour 15 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Thu Oct 06 12:06:00 BST 2016.