Save to your scrapbook
Chicken with sherry cream pie & pomme purée
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 tsp salt, plus extra to season
1kg red potatoes, such as Desiree or Mozart, peeled
4 x 250g Heston from Waitrose Chicken With Sherry Cream Pies
300g unsalted butter, diced
240g whole milk, warm
Freshly ground white pepper, to season
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Fill a large saucepan with water, sprinkle in 1 teaspoon of the salt and place over a medium heat. Allow the temperature to reach 72°C – the water will be just below simmering point. In the meantime, cut the potatoes into evenly sized pieces.
2. Add the potatoes to the warm water and allow it to reach 72°C again. Hold that temperature, by adjusting the heat, for 30 minutes. Drain the potatoes and rinse them under cold running water.
3. Cook the pies according to pack instructions.
4. Fill another saucepan with water, add the remaining teaspoon of salt and bring to the boil. Add the potatoes and cook for 15-18 minutes, or until extremely soft and falling apart. Drain, then return to the pan over a very low heat to dry out any excess moisture.
5. Put the potatoes through a potato ricer into a bowl, beat in the butter, then pass through a fine sieve. Mix in the warm milk to produce a smooth soft purée. Season with salt and freshly ground white pepper. Serve the pies with the pomme purée.
Typical values per serving: