This low fat, filling salad is full of gutsy flavours. Chicken, tomatoes and onion are roasted in a hot oven for sweetness, then dressed while still warm.
Chicken and Bean Salad with Lemon and Balsamic Dressing
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- 400g pack Waitrose Chicken Breast Chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into small wedges
- Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil spray
- 1 tsp Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Wild Rosemary
- 2 tsp Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Balsamic Glaze
- ½ x 300g pack cherry vine tomatoes
- ½ x 100g pack Waitrose Salad Spinach
- 410g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- For the dressing:
- Zest of 1 lemon plus ½ the juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the chicken in a small roasting tin with the onion and mist lightly with the olive oil spray. Sprinkle with the rosemary, season and mix well to evenly coat the chicken.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze, stir and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Put the tomatoes in a small ovenproof dish and spray with a little oil. Place in the oven for the last 10-15 minutes of the chicken’s cooking time until they start to burst.
- Remove the chicken and tomatoes from the oven, then allow to stand for 5 minutes before tipping into a large serving bowl with the spinach and beans.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients. Drizzle over the salad and toss well. Serve immediately with chunks of warm Waitrose granary baguette.