- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 packs essential Waitrose 4 Boneless British Chicken Breasts
- 15 g pack fresh sage
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 75 g sultanas
- 350 g black pudding, cut into bite-sized chunks
Chicken and Black Pudding Tray Roast
- Put the chicken breasts in a large, non-metallic bowl. Finely chop half the sage. Whisk the olive oil and lemon zest and juice together and stir in the garlic, sage and sultanas. Pour over the chicken and mix well. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Transfer the chicken and the marinade to a roasting tin and spread out in a single layer. Tuck in the pieces of black pudding and remaining sage leaves and roast for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and there is no pink meat.
This tray bake would be just as delicious made with pork chops instead of chicken.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes plus chilling
- Cooking time: 25 minutes to 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 5 ratings
This recipe was first published in November 2009.