The minimal cooking of the tomatoes and spinach not only helps to retain their flavour, but it also helps to preserve the vitamins that they contain.
Chicken Ravioli with Wilted Spinach
- 1 tbsp pine kernels
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pack Waitrose Organic Vine Tomatoes
- 1/2 x 225g pack Waitrose Solo Baby Spinach
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 250g pack Waitrose Perfectly Balanced Fresh Ravioli with Chicken, Tomato and Basil
- 2 tbsp shredded basil leaves
- Preheat the grill to high. Toast the pine kernels in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat, turning occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Fold a piece of foil into a baking tray, making a raised edge large enough to accommodate the tomatoes and the oil. Pour the oil on the foil and place the tomato vines on the foil tray. Grill for about 3-4 minutes, or until just beginning to soften.
- Place the spinach in a large pan with a little water over a high heat and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning frequently, until wilted. Drain thoroughly. Season with nutmeg and stir in most of the pine kernels, reserving a few for garnish. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the ravioli in a large pan of boiling water for 2 minutes, or until just cooked. Drain and toss gently with the spinach. Serve with the tomatoes and any of their cooking juices. Scatter with shredded basil leaves and the reserved pine kernels.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Typical values per serving:
3.75% fat per serving
Average user rating Based on 6 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sat Sep 01 01:00:00 BST 2001.