Save time by using ready-cooked chicken in this broth. The name loosely translates as broth (tom) and spicy sour taste (yum). The curry paste adds the spice, and the tamarind and lime leaves provide the citrus/sour flavour.
Chicken Tom Yum
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
- 220g pack Waitrose 2 Roast Chicken Breast Fillets
- ½ x 120g pack Waitrose Exotic Mushroom Selection
- 3 tsp Bart Red Thai Curry Paste
- 900ml chicken stock
- 4 tsp Bart Fresh Tamarind
- 4 Bart Freeze Dried Thai Lime Leaves
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- ½ lime, cut into wedges
- Remove the skin from the chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Cut the mushrooms into the same size pieces. Heat the curry paste in a large pan over a high heat for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the chicken and mushrooms and stir to coat in the paste. Pour in the stock, add the tamarind and crumble in the lime leaves.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until piping hot. Pour into bowls, garnish with coriander and lime wedges, then serve immediately with Sharwood''s Ready to Eat Prawn Crackers or Waitrose 4 Thai Style Prawn Spring Rolls.