- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 20g pack fresh coriander
- 3 medium-sized ripe avocados
- 3 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- 5 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 200g tub Waitrose Fresh Dip Vine Ripened Tomato Salsa
Chilled Avocado Soup with Salsa
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes, plus chilling
- Total time: 40 minutes, plus 1 hour chilling
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the sliced leeks and garlic. Sauté gently until the vegetables begin to soften, then add a splash of water, cover with a lid and allow the vegetables to sweat over a low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add the cumin, increase the heat a little and cook, stirring, for another minute. Add the stock and the stalks from the coriander, then season. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Allow the soup to cool.
- Scoop the flesh out of the avocados, roughly chop, then add to the pan with the tomatoes, half the coriander leaves and the lime juice. Process in a blender. Stir in the Greek yogurt and taste for seasoning. Cover and chill for an hour before serving.
- Chop the remaining coriander leaves and stir into the salsa. Serve the soup cold, topped with salsa, a little extra Greek yogurt and black pepper.