Chilli corn cobbler
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 45
Olive oil spray
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 carrot, diced
350g pack Quorn Meat Free Mince
2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Mole Sauce
1 tsp chilli powder
400g can chopped tomatoes
300g essential Waitrose
Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
100g Polenta Valsugana
150g Waitrose Spelt Flour
1 tbsp baking powder
50g essential Waitrose English Mature Cheddar, finely grated
1 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg
175ml semi-skimmed milk
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1. Spray a flameproof casserole dish with oil, add the onion, garlic and carrot, and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Stir the Quorn, mole sauce, chilli powder, chopped tomatoes, kidney beans and 100ml water into the pan. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the polenta, flour, baking powder and cheese. Beat together the egg and milk, then combine with the dried ingredients to make a scone mixture.
4. Drop eight large spoonfuls of the scone mixture onto the chilli around the edges of the casserole, leaving a little space for them to expand. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes until the cobbles have risen and are golden. Scatter over the chopped coriander to serve.