One of your '2 a week' fish portions ready in just 20 minutes.
Chinese-style salmon parcels
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 Waitrose Organic Scottish Salmon Fillets, skinned
- 1.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and shredded
- 235g pack pak choi, sliced
- 100g Chantenay carrots, halved lengthways
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 120g sachet Blue Dragon Sweet Soy & Roasted Red Chilli Stir Fry Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200c, gas mark 6. Brush 4 large squares of baking parchment with some of the oil and place a salmon fillet in the middle of each one.
- Toss together the ginger, pak choi, carrots and mushrooms with the stir-fry sauce and the remaining oil. Arrange over the salmon and fold in the baking parchment to make loose parcels. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12–15 minutes until the salmon is cooked through. Open the parcels and serve with steamed Jasmine rice.
You can substitute 2 tbsp soy sauce and a chopped red chilli instead of the stir-fry sauce for an even simpler alternative.
Find a good deal in our French Wine Showcase: try a delicious, crisp and aromatic Pinot Blanc from Alsace to complement these flavours perfectly. Beblenheim PinotBlanc Reserve 2009
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 49 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Sep 01 01:00:00 BST 2010.