Save to your scrapbook
Chipotle bean burgers with lettuce cups and sweet potato wedges
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
700g sweet potatoes
1 tbsp sunflower oil
75g wholemeal bread
5 salad onions
400g can essential Waitrose mixed bean salad, drained and rinsed
1 essential Waitrose Free range egg
1 tbsp Cooks' Ingredients Chipotle Paste
100g mild Peppadew peppers, finely chopped
Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
8 large lettuce leaves
1. Heat the ovan to 220C gas mark 7. Cut sweet potatoes into thin wedges.
2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, whiz the bread to coarse crumbs. Add 4 chopped salad onions, the beans, egg and chipotle paste, then pulse until coursely chopped.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Using oiled hands, shape the mixture into 4 patties about 2cm thick. Add to the pan and cook over a meduim heat for 4-5 minutes each side until lightly browned. Transfer to the sweet potato tray for 5 minutes further cooking in the oven.
4. Slice the last salad onion and mix with the peppers, lime zest and juice.
5. Serve the burgers in lettuce leaf 'cups', with wedges and spicy salsa
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Fri Dec 15 15:16:03 GMT 2017.