Chipotle salmon with bean salsa
280g pack Scottish salmon fillets
2 tsp Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Chipotle Paste
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
198g can Green Giant Original Sweetcorn, drained
1 red pepper, diced
75g natural yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6.
2. Place the salmon in a small roasting tin and spread with the chipotle paste, sprinkle with
a little of the coriander. Bake for 15 minutes until salmon is just cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, mix together the kidney beans, sweetcorn, pepper and remaining coriander. Mix the zest and juice of half the lime into the yogurt and toss into the bean salsa.
4. Top the salsa with the salmon and serve with the remaining half lime, cut into wedges.
Try this with meat - spread the chipotle paste onto chicken breasts or joints before roasting or stir-frying. Mix into ketchup or mayonnaise as a dip too.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Vegetarian | 2 of your 5 a day | Rich in omega 3 per serving
Average user rating Based on 3 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Apr 30 15:05:58 BST 2015.