A chocolate mousse and snaps with no dairy, gluten or refined sugar – how? Avocado is a clever ingredient with an amazingly creamy, smooth texture. Just make sure your avocados are perfectly ripe.
Chocolate and orange mousse with coconut snaps
4 tbsp ground almonds
8 tbsp cocoa powder
5 tbsp honey
1⁄2 orange, juice
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
small handful toasted flaked almonds
4 tbsp desiccated coconut
3 tbsp clear honey
1 orange, zest
olive oil spray, for greasing
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Start by making the coconut snaps. Mix the coconut, honey and orange zest together in a bowl. Line a tray with baking parchment and spritz with a little olive oil spray. Place 1 tbsp of the mixture on the parchment and spread quite thinly into a circle. Repeat with the remaining mixture so you have 4 circles, spacing them well apart as they will spread as they cook.
2. Put in the oven for 10 minutes until dark golden, then remove and leave to set for about 3–4 minutes. Cut out 4 circles with a 10cm cookie cutter before picking the snaps up with a spatula and placing gently over the top of the base of 4 lightly oiled, upturned small glasses.Set aside to cool completely in the shape of a basket.
3. To make the mousse, blend the avocados, almonds, cocoa, honey, orange juice, vanilla and a pinch of salt in a food processor until smooth. Taste and add more honey to sweeten if necessary.
4. To serve spoon the mousse into the coconut baskets and top with a few flaked almonds.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings