150g Cooks’ Homebaking Dark Chocolate, chopped
125g light muscovado sugar
1 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg, beaten
100g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
6 scoops Kelly’s Cornish Parlour Honeycomb Crunch Ice Cream
Chocolate cookie & honeycomb ice cream sandwiches
- Preparation time: 10 minutes + cooling
- Cooking time: 12 minutes to 15 minutes
- Total time: 22 minutes + cooling
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Melt the butter and half the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat
and cool for a few minutes.
2. Beat in the sugar, then the egg, and finally the flour and bicarbonate of soda, mixing until smooth. Stir in the remaining chopped chocolate. Place 12 heaped spoonfuls on the baking sheets, spaced well apart. Bake for 12–15 minutes until set, then leave the cookies to cool.
3. Remove the ice cream from the freezer for 10 minutes to soften slightly. Sandwich pairs of biscuits together with the ice cream, wrap in clingfilm and return to the freezer until ready to serve.