1 of your 5 a day
Rich in omega 3
Citrus salmon with peas & spinach
2 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
2 tsp ginger paste
½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2 tsp lemongrass paste
1 tsp clear honey
Juice of ½ lemon
½ x 28g pack coriander, chopped, plus extra to serve
100g frozen peas
2 skinless and boneless salmon fillets
1 small leek, finely sliced
115g pack baby spinach
1. Make a dressing by whisking together half of the oil, ginger, chilli, lemongrass paste, honey, lemon juice and coriander.
2. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the frozen peas. Return to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Warm a non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Cook the salmon fillets for 8–10 minutes, until golden and just cooked through. Add the dressing for the last 1-2 minutes to warm through.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pan, add the leek and cook for 3-4 minutes to soften. Stir in the spinach leaves and peas and cook for a further 2-3 minutes to wilt the spinach. Season. Serve the salmon with extra coriander sprinkled over, with the peas, leek and spinach.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 5 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Jan 19 10:27:00 GMT 2017.