Perfect with either a chilled Spanish Cerveza or white wine.
Clams with serrano and sherry
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Serves: Serves 6 as tapas
70g pack Serrano ham
1 tbsp Spanish olive oil
1 shallot, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
100ml dry oloroso sherry
2 x 500g packs The Big Prawn Company Clams, defrosted
25g pack fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Preheat the oven 200ºC, gas mark 6. Lay the ham in a single layer on a rack over a roasting tray, place in the oven to roast for 10 minutes until crisp and golden then set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan, add the shallot and cook for a few minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook until golden.
3. Pour in the sherry and bring to the boil before adding the clams. Stir to coat and cook covered for 2 minutes to warm through.
4. Scatter over the parsley, season with cracked black pepper and a good squeeze of lemon. Crumble over the crispy Serrano ham and serve in bowls, alongside a little bread to soak up the juices.