This vibrant salad combines the best of British spring ingredients: peas, broad beans, mint, baby potatoes and pea shoots. For a step-by-step on how to double pod click here
God save the Queen garden party salad
1kg baby new potatoes
750g broad beans (fresh or frozen) double podded (see introduction)
500g garden peas (fresh or frozen)
2 x 25g pack fresh mint, broken up into leaves
2 x 25g pack fresh chives, finely chopped
2 x 20g pack fresh dill, roughly chopped
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
2 x 75g bags Waitrose Pea Shoots
For salad dressing:
240g natural yogurt
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp malt vinegar
1. Boil the potatoes according to pack instructions. Drain off the water, then cut them each in half and add butter to the hot saucepan. Coat the potatoes in the melting butter and set aside to cool.
2. Bring another large pan of water to boil. When the water is boiling, add the broad beans. Bring back to the boil before adding the peas. Cook for further two minutes only.
3. Drain the beans and peas. Run under cold water until completely cold to the touch. Drain again. Next, combine the salad dressing ingredients together.
4. Finally, mix together the potatoes, beans, peas, herbs, lemon zest and pea shoots. Drizzle over the dressing and serve straight away.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu May 31 11:55:00 BST 2012.