This Middle Eastern-inspired dip is traditionally made with aubergines - why not try this for a change?
Courgette baba ganoush
2 tbsp tahini
100g Greek yogurt
1 clove garlic
Juice 1 lemon
20g pack fresh dill, leaves only
1 small pomegranate, seeds removed (or 1/2 x 110g pack Waitrose Pomegranate Seeds)
1 tsp Cooks' Ingredients Sumac
Pitta or seasonal vegetables, cut into strips
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the courgettes on a baking sheet lined with foil and grill, turning frequently, for at least 30 minutes until charred and black. Remove from the heat and leave until cool enough to handle.
- Carefully scrape most of the burnt skin away with a spoon and place the flesh in a sieve to drain for 5 minutes. Give the flesh a good squeeze with your hands to get rid of any excess water.
- Tip the courgette flesh into a food processor, add the tahini, yogurt, garlic and lemon juice. Blitz until smooth and creamy, season and tip into a shallow bowl. Alternatively, mash everything together thoroughly with a fork.
- Sprinkle the baba ganoush with dill, pomegranate seeds and sumac. Serve immediately with strips of warm pitta or seasonal vegetables cut into strips.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
114µg folic acid
Average user rating Based on 31 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed May 20 10:31:57 BST 2015.