- 175g essential Waitrose Tagliatelle
- 2 tbsp Waitrose Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium courgettes, halved lengthways and sliced thinly
- 1–2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp Bart Crushed Chillies
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
Courgette, lemon and chilli tagliatelle
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the tagliatelle and cook for 10 minutes until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the courgettes in a single layer. Cook on a medium to high heat for 5 minutes until golden, turning to cook both sides. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further minute. Season the courgettes and stir in the grated lemon zest.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the courgettes and any oil from the pan. Check seasoning and serve with grated strong vegetarian Cheddar or Parmigiano Reggiano if desired.
Add cubetti di pancetta to the courgette for a
These flavours are ideal with a white that’s crisp, bright and has a degree of complexity. Try this excellent Pinot Grigio that’s really in
a class of its own, and is also suitable for vegetarians: St Michael-Eppan Pinot Grigio
2008/09 Alto Adige, Italy.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 45 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Jul 01 01:00:00 BST 2010.