A quick and easy meal ready to eat in just 30 minutes.
Crispy chicken with fresh tomato sauce
2 x 400g packs Waitrose Pink Blush Tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
2 tbsp Waitrose Basil Infused Olive Oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
25g pack fresh parsley, chopped
100g fresh breadcrumbs
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg, beaten
2 tbsp oil
500g bag baby Jersey Royals
- Place the tomatoes, one clove of garlic, 1 tbsp thyme and the basil oil in a large saucepan and cook for 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a food processor or liquidiser and blend until coarsely puréed, then return to the pan and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes until thickened. Add the vinegar, half the parsley and season.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, remaining garlic, thyme, parsley and seasoning.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally and dip in the egg, then coat in the breadcrumb mixture. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken for 3-4 minutes each side until cooked through (with no pink meat), crispy and golden.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Serve with the chicken and tomato sauce.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
|Salt||0.6g per serving|
Protein 37g, Fibre 4.4g
Average user rating Based on 3 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Jun 17 10:53:38 BST 2014.