1. To make the apple purée, place the apples in a large saucepan and add 250ml cold water. Cook for 30-40 minutes, until they’re very soft. Drain any remaining water and add the apples to a blender or a food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
2. When you’re ready to make the banana loaf, preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
3. Mash the bananas with a fork or masher in a large bowl.
4. Place the oats into a food processer and whizz until they form a flour. Add to the bowl, along with all the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
5. Grease a 1 kg loaf tin with coconut oil and base line with parchment paper, then pour in the mix and bake for 50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Leave to cool for 30 minutes before serving.