Prepare: 5 minutes Cook: 10 minutes
Dhruv Baker’s Tenderstem broccoli with almonds, sherry vinegar and parsley
- 2 x 240g tender stem or purple sprouting Broccoli, cut in half
- 50ml sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 10g unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp flaked almonds
- ½ x 25g pack fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the broccoli for 5 minutes then drain. While the broccoli is cooking pour the sherry vinegar into a small saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce by half and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan with the sliced garlic. When the garlic starts to sizzle and just begin to change colour add the butter. When the butter is foaming, stir a few times then pour into the saucepan containing the reduced sherry.
3. To finish, toast the almond flakes in a dry frying pan till starting to darken slightly. Toss the broccoli in the sherry vinegar dressing. Scatter the almonds and parsley over the broccoli with a little squeeze of lemon. Season and serve.