Need a gooey, chocolatey hit? These cookies made with melted marshmallows and a mix of dark and white chocolate are pure joy.
Double chocolate mallow cookies
100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
40g salted butter
20g mini white marshmallows
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
60g light brown muscovado sugar
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
60g plain flour
1⁄4 tsp baking powder
140g white chocolate (80g finely chopped and 60g roughly chopped)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Melt the dark chocolate, butter and marshmallows in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, or in a microwave. Don’t worry if it looks grainy.
2. Whisk the whole egg, yolk, sugar, vanilla and salt together with electric beaters until the mixture holds a trail for a few seconds when the whisk is lifted. Fold in the melted chocolate mixture and mix well.
3. Mix the flour and baking powder together. Stir gently into the chocolate mixture, then stir in the finely chopped white chocolate. Drop heaped tablespoons of the batter onto parchment-lined baking sheets, about 3 cm apart.
4. Bake for 8 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool. When cool, place on baking parchment. Melt the roughly chopped white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water (or in a microwave). Use a teaspoon to drizzle over the cookies; allow to set before serving.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus cooling and setting
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes, plus cooling and setting
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 11 ratings