Easy gammon & egg noodle soup
2 essential Waitrose Free Range Eggs
1.2 litres chicken stock
1 tbsp Thai Taste Red Curry Paste
2 tsp soy sauce
300g roasted or boiled gammon, thinly sliced
235g pack Waitrose Pak Choi, cut in half lengthways
300g pack Waitrose Free Range Egg Noodles
2 salad onions, thinly sliced
1 red chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
Handful fresh coriander and 1 lime cut into wedges to serve
1. Cook the eggs in a small pan of boiling water until just hard boiled, about 7–8 minutes. Shell and halve.
2. Meanwhile, pour the stock into a large pan and stir in the curry paste and soy sauce. Add the gammon, pak choi, beansprouts
and noodles, return to the boil and simmer gently for 2–3 minutes until piping hot.
3. Using tongs, divide the gammon, noodles and vegetables between four large bowls. Place the egg halves on top and scatter over the salad onions and red chilli.
4. Ladle over the remaining broth from the pan and sprinkle with fresh coriander. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
This would also work well with raw king prawns in place of the cooked gammon.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 9 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Dec 23 11:24:00 GMT 2014.