Raspberries and chocolate are a fabulous combination and are paired together in this easy recipe to make a wonderfully squidgy brownie.
Easy raspberry brownies
200g Waitrose Continental Plain Chocolate, broken into pieces
100g Waitrose Belgian Milk Chocolate, broken into pieces
250g unsalted butter, diced
400g light brown muscovado sugar
4 medium British Blacktail Free Range Eggs, beaten
175g plain flour
25g cocoa powder
150g pack Waitrose Speciality Raspberries
2 tbsp flaked almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Line a 20 x 30cm baking tin with baking parchment.
2. Place the chocolate, butter and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring, until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat
then gradually beat in the eggs until well mixed.
3. Sieve over the flour and cocoa then gently stir in. Add half the raspberries and almonds, stir in, then spoon into the prepared tin. Scatter over the remaining raspberries and almonds and bake for 30–35 minutes until just set.
4. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely. Cut into 20 squares and store in the fridge if not eating on the same day.
Serve the brownies warm with a scoop of vanilla
ice cream for a delicious dessert.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes to 35 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
Makes: 20 squares
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 144 ratings
This recipe was first published in Mon Jul 14 16:19:00 BST 2014.